Our challenge this month is about Automation and Systems.
There is no simpler automation than scheduling your Facebook posts. If you can post on your Facebook page, then you can Schedule posts.
At the top of your page, type in a post like normal. Next to where it says "Post" there will be another button that says "Schedule" and you can choose a day and time.
As for choosing the day and time, play around with it and see what works best for you in terms of engagement. In general, try to think of your main market (typically moms in their mid 20s to early 40s) and when they will typically be on Facebook: early morning coffee, after dropping the kids off at school, on their lunchbreak, waiting in the carpool line, after tucking the kids into bed.
Now...Let's talk about the practical side of it.
There are two main ways that you can set this up: a Marathon Session or a Sprint Session.
Here are a few of the most popular topics for you to choose from for each day:
You don't have to actually list or hashtag these days. It can just be for you, so that you have a theme to work around.
In addition to these, you may want to have some easy days with generic content. There are always loads of videos and articles floating around for you to share with inspiring music stories or thoughts on why music and music education are important.
Three Important Things to Remember:
1. Be Consistent and Be Like Goldilocks
Post on a regular basis and be sure not to post too much or too little. Make it juuuust right.
2. Vary your content.
Posting regularly is good but not if it's al the same thing. There is also too much of a good thing. Posts showing your kids passing lesson books are GREAT. But not if it's the only thing on your page. Articles about music being important are fantastic. But not if it's the only thing on your page.
3. Be Personal.
It's ok to share generic content, but people are on your page to hear about your studio. Don't tell them why music or music lessons are worthwhile. Tell them why YOUR studio is amazing. Don't be vague or general on your posts, be specific.
"Yeah, ok...but I'm still totally overwhelmed. Can't you just...do it for me?"
Ok, just because I like you. And because sometimes it's easier to get moving if we don't have to think and someone lays it out for us.
We're going to lay out 6 weeks of content. Ready? The key here is to not overthink things and not to let Analysis Paralysis set in. You can always edit these later. JUST. DO. IT.
For a Marathon Session, schedule an hour or so and knock all of these out.
For a Sprint Session, pick ONE of these below and get it done in ten minutes or less.
- Google 3 Motivational Music Quotes and post the images
- Share a personal story
- Share a story of a musician that overcame something
- Write something personal and uplifting
Teacher Tip Tuesdays
- Tip about Practice
- Tip about Not Giving Up
- Tip about the instrument
- Tip about general health or sleep
- Tip about how music helps with other areas of life
- Tip about something musical
- Post 3 pictures or videos from at least 2 years ago of students or studio
- Post a throwback picture of yourself or teachers
- Post a picture or video of a historical musical event or artist
- Post something specific to your studio
- What instrument should I start with?
- How long should I practice?
- What is a good age to start taking lessons?
- How much are lessons?
- Do you have concerts or performances?
- Am I too old to learn an instrument?
Available Days and Times Sundays
- Each week pick between 1 and 3 available times and post them. Be specific
- We have openings for a guitar student at 4:30 on Tuesdays.
- Our Beginner Piano Group has room for TWO more students.
So, that's it. Don't get overwhelmed, overthink it, or put it off. Just get it done. You'll thank me later.
If you haven't already, be sure to join The Studio Challenge Mailing List. You get Weekly Challenges in your inbox, other useful tips and info, and you'll be among the first to know when something new and exciting is happening.
Already joined the Mailing List? Sounds like you're ready for the next step. Join The Studio Challenge Patreon for useful guides and videos, mastermind sessions, and consulting. There are some exciting new options coming to the Patreon in 2019 so stay tuned!
Also...be sure to check out The Studio Challenge Courses. We have a few courses for you to check out already, with more underway!